Monday, February 9, 2015

Teaching with Aurasma


I can't let this thing called Augmented Reality go and my mind is whirring with ideas for its use in schools, community, churches, companies, marketing. If you search online, it is everywhere, but from my recent conversations with teachers, this is still one of the newer trends to be explored and implemented. I compare it to how excited I was when I learned I could create and print overhead acetates on my computer rather than draw by hand; the explosive realization of moving information to a smartboard, let alone a whiteboard; and digging back even more, the versatility of formulaic actions on an Excel sheet, those things I remember well doing by hand. While these examples might seem one notch away from the one room schoolhouse to those who have never known teaching or work without technology, we are not done improving, improvising, creating, exploring, and blasting the edges of possibility. Don't be complacent and think you have found the last great education tool. Thankfully, we will never be done!

This video by Charles Cooper from NorthWest High School gives you a fast look at how to use in hallways and classrooms. Follow his channel, search YouTube for others, join the excitement. This one is just a little over 4 minutes - enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment