Thursday, January 8, 2015

Access Denied

locked doorWhen Internet sites work, life is glorious. When they do not, frustration is exponentially tied to how long we struggle to get up and running. A few years ago I tried repeatedly to access the online library for my University and even though I used the same credentials that had gotten me everywhere else, the virtual doors remained locked! Not a good sign for the successful outcome of required research for a group project. I had been spoiled by the highly interactive online library of another university. So, the result of moving between schools was to improve some things and find others lagging behind. I wanted – no, needed - scholarly articles as opposed to wandering the Internet in search of quality information.

This incident underscored just how greedy we have become when wanting immediate access to information. Another case of time, time, time....that virtual drumming of fingers and rhythmic foot-tapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment