Friday, January 23, 2015

Oh The Places You Should Go

From time to time, I would like to drop in blog posts which spotlight some really important online education sites and voices. This first site is one of the most robust and respected sites on the web and more often than not, whatever topic I have sought has been reflected there. The second is one I found when searching for quality and diverse development material for my teaching staff.




Fueled and backed by the George Lucas Educational Foundation, their vision and mission encompasses all initiatives that affect the K-12 education world. The site offers discussion boards and the option to create a conversation; video and article libraries; and topics divided by grade levels on such things as Project-based Learning, Maker Education, and Blended Learning. When you have limited time and a need for quality, contemporary, and up-to-date information, Edutopia should be at the top of your list.


simpleK12 logo

My second recommendation today is SimpleK12. I am an ambassador for this site (inactive because I am not in touch with a teaching staff currently) and if you want quality professional development opportunities, this needs to be your first click. It's a Teacher Learning Community and the basic membership is free. I quickly was hooked and bumped it up a notch, but there is plenty to access and do at the basic level. The webinars fit into your PD plans and into your already busy day by being available to you when you are free. Be sure to check out this one.

Let me know if you find these helpful and feel free to recommend professional sites where you hang out. I will gather those and start a growing list here on the site. Here to serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment