Thursday, January 8, 2015

The List is Long

list and pencilTrying to decide what is more pressing in my life today, considering there is much to do and only so much time in which to do it. Learners who take on course work in addition to full-time jobs and family responsibilities are to be congratulated. It is not an easy thing at all and while some people criticize online learning as "easy" or a shallow learning path to a degree, in reality, I do believe it is both a challenge in terms of time and content, and a blessing for learners of any age. At this point in my career, I not only want the flexibility and challenge, but I am thrilled to not have a long drive and walks on dark campuses with which to contend. That time is better spent on research and reading and happily connecting with other learners from around the world.

I am working on this thing called "time management" and right now, it seems, something keeps falling off the end of the list no matter how hard I try. It is a good awareness to have because future students of mine, no matter what the course, will feel the same way. I will remember and I will empathize.

No comments:

Post a Comment