Monday, January 12, 2015

To Blog or Not to Blog

global computer use
The internet information tsunami in terms of blogs and bloggers alone is incredible. Not really anything new since it has been going on for more than a decade, maybe even two, but I still marvel at the exponential growth. I see so many blogs which have exploded in popularity and wonder how these writers or topics rise to the top. Oh, yes, there are so many tools for making your writing take the top spot. But who reads these blogs and why are some topics chosen over others? Is it a wise investment of time and thought to move our musings into a public venue if the main reason for posting is to make journal entries and share personal opinions? In the case of personal blogs, I believe that people identifying with the writer can lessen life’s burdens, offer support, and deliver direction and hope. At the very least, it makes people feel less alone.

This is even true for business blogs which are filled with information to undergird consumers’ choices and draw them into decisions. After all, we are happier when we have a product others swear by, products which have passed the ever-critical usage test. All manner of blogs exist and new ones spring up daily: health, happiness, arts, food (one of my personal favorites), life, shopping, education, finances, how-to, how-not-to – an endless list. Sometimes it is hard to get all that reading done so we bookmark and then bookmark some more. I have even acknowledged the information back-load by setting up a folder called "for later review." No surprise it is overflowing.


I have a wealth of experience in many fields, know cutting edge details and processes about online education, writing, cooking, bead weaving, creativity. Can writing a blog make a difference? I share for the sake of sharing, with no expectations I am delivering any earth-shaking news, but comfortable with my writing voice. I feel at home musing aloud and welcoming any audience who stops by. My goal is to offer an easily accessed setting in which we can exchange information and learn. The coffee pot’s on!

No comments:

Post a Comment