Sunday, January 4, 2015

Benevolent Wizard

working at computer screens
My years at the computer have proven I am the wizard behind the curtain who knows how to keep the passwords and log-ins clean, the webinars prepared, touch screens working correctly, and more (see previous blog entry on Servant Leadership). I have spent long hours talking or texting to educators and others who are having misgivings about their ability and who just need to know that even though you can't "see" everyone you work with and for, we are out here and are an incredibly supportive and talented group of people. I have trained brick and mortar teachers in the ways and methods of converting to online teaching....and I think I did a good job of building them up and offering them the gift of listening and confidence. I achieved my Master’s degree in Online Teaching and Learning to underscore my passion for online education. It was the perfect choice for me.

So, long hours online will always be just fine in my mind. I am growing, learning, and, most importantly, gifting. It's a positive thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment